Haven’t written in a while, just thought I’d drop in and let my few followers know what’s going on re my writing etc. A couple of weeks ago I was informed that one of the stories on this site was accepted to be published by a literary journal and today I got the structural edit back. Imagine my surprise when there were very few changes to be made. In fact there was only one real suggestion for improvement, involving adding a sentence to strengthen an action. Surely I’m not that good at formatting a story?! Apparently I am. Woo-hoo, go me. Looking forward to seeing Behind Closed Doors in print. Hopefully won’t be too long now. Pretty sure the next issue of Verandah is out in September.
In other news, I’ve joined the rest of the waking world in getting Netflix and I have to say, I can’t believe it took me so long. Not only can I binge-watch Orange is the New Black and How to get away with Murder but I can also watch some of the true crime stuff I missed when downgrading my Foxtel package. Thinking about ditching it altogether if you want to know the truth. I mean, fuck Rupert Murdoch, right?! (not literally, obviously. I’ll happily leave that nasty business to Jerry Hall). But that won’t be until after the current season of Game of Thrones is finished. I know where my priorities lie …
Speaking of priorities, I was looking at a few Youtube vids the other day – mostly Top 10 countdowns of this or that by watchmojo.com – you know, the kind of thing you do when you’re totally putting off doing something you should be doing. Like studying, or writing. Anyway, I came across a countdown of top ten sexiest actors of all time, and I completely disagreed with almost the entire list. It got me thinking: is my taste in my arse or should everyone else have gone to Specsavers?! I mean, I must be the only woman alive who DOESN’T think Channing Tatum is hot. The guy looks like a spud. Good body, sure, if you’re into the uber-buff look. He just doesn’t do it for me. Neither does Chris Hemsworth, as I’m not into blondes. Especially blondes with abundant facial hair. Although his voice alone could almost put him on my personal list. I’m not big on Brad Pitt, although Fight Club and Twelve Monkeys, among others, show he can definitely act. But I had to completely disagree with the site’s inclusion of Tom Cruise, Ryan Gosling and Leo DiCaprio. Don’t get me wrong – I like Leo, I really do – I just don’t want to sleep with him. I’m sure that if he met me, the feeling would be mutual.
Now, I know I’m only one person, but I have to ask: who did they poll to come up with these countdowns?
So here are mine. First, the top 10 hottest actors since 2000, then of all time. Some you may not know of, but that’s just because I don’t necessarily go for the most obvious choice in a TV show or movie.
10. Nicholas Hoult (Warm Bodies, The X-Men Franchise, UK Skins)
9. Alexander Skarsgard (True Blood, Big Little Lies, the latest installment of Tarzan)
8. Kit Harington (Game of Thrones)
7. James McAvoy (X-Men franchise, Split, Atonement)
6. Raul Esparza (Law and Order SVU, Hannibal, Pushing up Daisies)
5. Tom Hardy (The Revenant, Lawless, Mad Max: Fury Road)
4. Ricky Whittle (The 100, American Gods)
3. Bob Morley (The 100, Home and Away)
2. Matt McGorry (Orange is the New Black, How to get away with Murder)
- Richard Armitage (The Hobbit, North & South, BBC’s Robin Hood)
OF ALL TIME: Most of these need no introduction, but just in case, I’ve included roles I most associate them with).
10. River Phoenix (My Own Private Idaho, Sneakers, I Love you to Death)
9. Jared Padalecki (Supernatural, Gilmore Girls)
8. Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man, Sherlock Holmes)
7. Richard Armitage (The Hobbit, Robin Hood)
6. Johnny Depp (if he needs an intro, you’ve been living under a rock)
5. Harrison Ford (same as above, but I adore Han Solo)
4. Hugh Jackman (Wolverine)
3. Tom Hardy (Mad Max: Fury Road)
2. Carey Elwes (Westley from The Princess Bride)
- Keanu Reeves (Who else but Neo?! And if you’ve seen him lately, he’s barely aged a day since the early 2000’s. How DOES he do it?!).